8 Dec 2011

Strange Encounter

My neighbour of 25 years died this time last year following a short illness.
Today whilst at Tesco's - I saw a man walking towards me who looked identical to him wearing the same jacket and baseball hat he favoured.
I was actually about to say hello because he seemed so totally familiar - when I rememberd he had passed away.
As the man drew level he looked at me and smiled - I was rooted to the spot for a moment as he seemed to reconize me - then he passed by without comment. I turned to watch him go - and there was no one in sight.
I hate to jump to conclusions - but the man was walking away from the supermarket with no bag or shopping and there was no where he could have gone to.
He was totally solid and real. I would like to think it was him - but was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment